Poetry Competition 2021
East Riding Festival of Words Competition 2021
POETRY COMPETITION Festival of Words 2021
Buy My Entry
The East Riding Festival of Words poetry competition is now open for entries. This year's theme is 'My reasons to be cheerful'.
Entries will be judged by a panel of published Yorkshire poets, led by James Nash.
Poems are submitted anonymously, so each entry is judged on its own merits.
Winners will be invited to read their poems at a special event.
Adults : £4 per entry
**Booking Fee Exempt subsidised by the Library Service
Collection HQ Prize £500
Gold Prize: £200
Silver Prize: £150
School age children : Free to enter
East Riding Primary school 1st prize: £75
East Riding Primary school 2nd prize: £50
East Riding Secondary school 1st prize: £75
East Riding Secondary school 2nd prize: £50
PLUS SIX HIGHLY COMMENDED PRIZES OF £25 EACH,
TWO FOR ADULTS AND TWO EACH FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY AGED YOUNG PEOPLE
PRISON COMPETITION PRIZE (FREE TO ENTER): £100 VOUCHER
ABOUT OUR SPONSORS
is the world's leading collection performance improvement solution for public libraries. It analyses detailed trends of how the library's collection has been used over time to help the library meet local demand. For more information please visit WWW.COLLECTIONHQ.COM
Judges: led by James Nash.
with co-judges : Matthew Hedley Stoppard and Wendy Pratt.
If you can say the words, you can write the words. Express yourself through poetry
whatever shape or form and you could win £75! The competition is open to young people in both primary and secondary school, with four prizes for primary and four for secondary.
You just need to email LAMA.firstname.lastname@example.org make sure your entry has your Name, Age/ Age Catagory, Contact Number, Address & Title of Poem on. We will then send a confirmation e-mail.
Thank you for opting to enter online, here's what you need to know:
1. Click the buy now option complete all the required fields as you would with any online purchase checkout.
2. Wait for the confirmation email to come to you, this will provide you with a booking reference number.
3. Once you have the booking reference number, send an email to: LAMA.email@example.com with the following information:
Title of Poem
Booking reference number
You must send the above information for each piece you submit.
4. A confirmation email will then be sent to you, letting you know we have received your entry.
Please note: Any queries please e-mail our team on LAMA.firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.Each poem must be no longer than 45 lines and follow the theme of
'My reasons to be cheerful.'
2. Each poem must be typed or clearly written on one side of A4 paper.
3. Poems must be original work of the competitor, in English, and must not have
been published, broadcast or have won a competition prize.
4. No alterations can be made to a poem once it has been submitted.
5. The entrant may submit an unlimited number of poems, each to be accompanied
by the entry fee (if applicable).
6. The poem(s) and payment should be submitted with the entry form.
7. The name of the entrant must not appear on the poem itself.
8. Entries can not be returned, so please keep a copy.
9. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Results will be published on the Festival of Words website
11. Prize winners will be notified by Monday, 10 January 2022. Copyright remains with
the author, but the organisers reserve the right to publish the winning poems online
or in print for one year after the closing date of Saturday, 27 November 2021.
12. The organisers reserve the right to alter details of the competition if necessary.
13. All entries must be received by Saturday, 27 November 2021.
Click here for more information