Bluebell Woodland Sunlight and Shadow - Robert Dutton (Artwaves 2021)
Bluebell Woodland Sunlight and Shadow
Robert DuttonArtwaves 2021
About The Workshop
ArtWaves is happy to announce the return of sell out artist Robert Dutton.
As a mixed media specialist, Robert will expertly guide you through a variety of exciting creative techniques to help you create beautiful paintings that are sure to surprise by being filled with eye catching use of colour. Using Watercolour/Gouache, and soft pastel learn how to use 'big brush techniques' with a focus on suggested detail with glazing and layering to create an exciting Bluebell woodland full of dappled light and shade.
You will be shown in regular demonstrations how to mix those tricky greens in an exciting layering process so all the media used work together to make your paintings stand out from the crowd!
About The Artist
Robert is quickly becoming one of the UK's best known and respected contemporary fine artists; winning regular fine art awards for his distinctive and expressive style of work in numerous international competitions.
He is a very popular training partner for several leading UK art businesses and art holiday companies throughout the UK and a leading Canson Ambassador at many prestigious events including Patchings Art, Craft and Photography Festival and 'Art Materials Live' at Birmingham NEC, amongst others.
He exhibits throughout the UK (to include the Mall Galleries and Royal Academy) and his work can also be found in numerous public and private collections throughout the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
- Gouache or watercolour
- Tube paints in the following colours highly recommended or bring your own favourite colours if you don't want to buy all of these but these are Roberts palette colours and he will be using them: Magenta, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Orange, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Qiunacridone Gold, Lemon Yellow, Viridia, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Winsor Blue, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Indigo, Yellow Ochre, Winsor Green.
- Permanent White Gouache. Essential!
- Masking fluid and an old painting brush to apply it.
- Large drawing board and easel (your own choice)
- Soft and hard pastels (of your choice) different colours,
- A variety of different watercolour brushes.
- Essential: large brushes such as sizes 24, 30 round and 1 and 2 inch 'flats', Swordliner (large) and above in size
- Bring your own favourite brushes too but the large brushes are essential!!
- An old hog brush or tooth brush for textured paint effects,
- Water Spray atomiser,
- Old jam jars (for clean water mixing),
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your paints or equivalent - several of them please
- Kitchen roll,
- Masking tape,
- Bulldog clips,
- Watercolour paper 300gsm (140lb) 100
- Graphite stick - 4B,
- An eraser
- Pastel fixative (essential),
- Soft and hard pastels to include darks but not blacks - highly recommended Unison Colour 'Midnight Set', Unison Colour pastels and Rembrandt harder pastels
Workshop runs from 10am - 4.30pm