Bright Yellow Rapeseed Fields - Robert Dutton (Artwaves 2021)
Bright Yellow Rapeseed Fields with Mixed Media
Robert DuttonArtwaves 2021
About The Workshop
ARTWAVES is happy to announce the return of sell out artist Robert Dutton (who is a regular contributor to 'The Artist'' magazine) for the SECOND of two exciting mixed media workshops which will definitely inspire!
As a mixed media specialist Robert will expertly guide you through a variety of exciting creative techniques with demonstrations and one to one and group tuition to help you create a beautiful painting of a bluebell woodland filled with dappled light and sparkling colour.
Using Watercolour/Gouache, and soft pastel you will learn how to use his well known 'layering techniques' with a focus on loose and expressive style of painting with big brushes using a combination of different media. An exciting workshop full of expression and bold applications of your media!
You will be shown in regular demonstrations and stages how to mix those 'tricky' greens in an exciting layering process. With different media in combination too, you will learn how to make your paintings stand out from the crowd with a really expressive style!
About The Artist
Robert is quickly becoming one of the UK's best known and respected contemporary fine artists winning regular fine art awards for his distinctive and expressive style of work in numerous international competitions.
He is a very popular art tutor for several leading UK art organisers and art holiday companies throughout the UK to include HF Holidays. As a leading Canson Ambassador he attends many prestigious events including Patchings Art, Craft and Photography Festival, Ilkley Art Show and 'Art Materials Live' at Birmingham NEC, amongst others.
He exhibits throughout the UK (to include the Mall Galleries and Royal Academy) to include several leading open arts competitions with great success. In October 2020 Robert became an Assocciate artists with the society of graphic Fine arts in London - an organisation famed for its selection of artists who demonstrate excellence in drawing and painting with a contemporary style. Robert is also a regular contributor to 'The Artist' magazine...and your tutor at 'Artwaves!'
What you need to prepare before the online workshop
- Gouache or watercolour Tube paints in the following colours highly recommended or bring your own favourite colours if you don't want to buy all of these but these are Roberts palette colours and he will be using them: Magenta, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Orange, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Qiunacridone Gold, Lemon Yellow, Viridia, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Winsor Blue, Prussian Blue, Ultramarine, Indigo, Yellow Ochre, Winsor Green
- Permanent White Gouache. Essential!
- Large drawing board and easel (your own choice)
- Soft and hard pastels (of your choice) different colours
- A variety of different watercolour brushes
- Essential: large brushes such as sizes 24, 30 round and 1 and 2 inch 'flats', Swordliner (large) and above in size Large Chinese soft hair brushes if you have them are highly recommended to bring also
- Your own favourite brushes too but the large brushes are essential!!
- An old hog brush or tooth brush for textured paint effects
- Water Spray atomise
- Old jam jars (for clean water mixing)
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your paints or equivalent - several of them please
- Kitchen roll
- Masking tape
- Bulldog clips
- Watercolour 100% cotton rag 300gsm (140lb) 'not' surface highly recommended
- Graphite stick - 4B
- An eraser
- Pastel fixative (essential)
- Soft and hard pastels to include darks but not blacks - highly recommended Unison Colour 'Midnight Set', Unison Colour pastels and Rembrandt harder pastels