Bright Yellow Rapeseed Fields with Derwent Inktense! - Robert Dutton (Artwaves 2020)
Bright Yellow Rapeseed Fields with Derwent Inktense!
Robert DuttonArtwaves 2020
About the Workshop
Robert is a Derwent Associate Artist and has been expertly using the exciting media of Derwent Inktense over several years to win several awards with his contemporary and expressive approach.
Thanks to Derwent, this workshop is a unique opportunity to learn how to use Derwent inktense without having to buy the media first - each student will have a full set of 24 Inktense sticks and group Inktense pencils to work with during the workshop.
With regular step by step demonstrations from Robert showing you how to use this exciting colourful painting media like watercolour, opaque like Gouache and layered like pastel too! You will be amazed how versatile the media is and what you can do with it as you see your colourful Rapeseed field painting develop in layers full of expression and exciting painting effects.
Suitable for artists with some previous painting experience who are looking for a looser more expressive painting style and want to learn lots of contemporary painting techniques to help them really advance as artists.
Sorry, this workshop is not suitable for beginners.
(Please note: Derwent Inktense blocks and pencil sets to be handed back at the end of the workshop)
About The Artist
Robert is quickly becoming one of the UK's best known and respected contemporary fine artists; winning regular fine art awards for his distinctive and expressive style of work in numerous international competitions.
He is a very popular training partner for several leading UK art businesses and art holiday companies throughout the UK and a leading Ambassador at many prestigious events including Patchings Art, Craft and Photography Festival and 'Art Materials Live' at Birmingham NEC, amongst others.
He exhibits throughout the UK (to include the Mall Galleries and Royal Academy) and his work can also be found in numerous public and private collections throughout the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
What you need to bring with you
- Permanent White Gouache. Essential!
- Masking fluid and an old painting brush to apply it.
- Large drawing board and easel (your own choice)
- A variety of different watercolour brushes.
- Essential: large brushes such as sizes 24, 30 round and 1 and 2 inch 'flats', Swordliner (large) and above in size
- Bring your own favourite brushes too but the large brushes are essential!!
- An old hog brush or tooth brush for textured paint effects,
- Water Spray atomiser,
- Old jam jars (for clean water mixing),
- White old ceramic plates on which to mix your paints or equivalent
- Several paint containers to hold your Inktense mixes
- Kitchen roll,
- Masking tape,
- Bulldog clips,
- Watercolour paper 300gsm (140lb) 100% rag content paper - essential! Full or half imperial size depending on your preferred working size. Highly recommended Canson Moulin du Roy 'not' 300gsm (140lb). NOTE: Robert will have some to buy at £5 a full sheet if you don't want to bring your own 140lb paper.
- Graphite stick - 4B,
- An eraser
Workshop runs from 10am - 4.30pm
Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop start time to help the ArtWaves team direct you to where you need to be.